welcome to acclaim pilates
Adults of all ages, levels of fitness and body type are welcomed and supported to improve their posture, strength and flexibility through group mat-based pilates classes and personal one to one training with Virginia McGowan-Brown in Hornchurch and Gidea Park, Essex.
Please do not hesitate to call to discuss your particular personal needs and aspirations.
New Classes for Autumn 2018
Beginners - Wednesdays 10am & 7pm
Pilates Barre - Mondays 8pm, and Wednesdays 9.15am
- Daytime and evening
- 1 hour sessions booked as 6 week courses
- Mats and equipment provided
- A trial class? Please ask
- Arranged at times to suit you
- A tailor made 1 hour workout to meet your individual needs and aspirations
- Ideal if you...
- An energising blend of Ballet Barre and Pilates
- Choreographed to up-beat music
- Tones legs, bums & tums
- Improves strength, flexibility & posture
“I have recently started pilates classes with Virginia and I am already feeling the benefits. Virginia is a great teacher she explains things beautifully and has a lot of patience. She always encourages me and it is a pleasure working with her.”
As a child I enjoyed dancing lessons which led me to do a Degree in Dance and Education. I subsequently taught Contemporary Dance in Secondary Schools for 26 years culminating as Head of Dance at a Performing Arts status School in Essex.
I joined a pilates class 15 years ago following an injury to my neck that gave me constant low level pain. Pilates enabled me to overcome the pain and I regained the ability to exercise and dance again with confidence.
In 2008 I qualified as a pilates instructor and I left school teaching to establish my own pilates classes in January 2009. Now I am fully committed to passing on the benefits of pilates to others. I thoroughly enjoy seeing the difference my classes can make to the health and wellbeing of my clients. It is a very rewarding experience and I am committed to keeping up with the latest training so that I can stay fresh and inspired to meet the needs and aspirations of all those who train with me.
benefits of pilates
- Pilates improves body alignment which relieves stress on the joints
- It develops core strength that improves posture
- It develops long muscle, strength without bulk, creating a lean silhouette
- With regular classes you can expect to feel more co-ordinated and free in your movements
- You should become more supple leaner and stronger
- Most back pain should ease or disappear
- Pilates can help combat wear and tear on the body brought on with age or through injury. A benefit increasingly recognised by GP’s osteopaths and Physiotherapists
- Pilates focuses on eliminating un-necessary tension in the body and therefore aids relaxation and a sense of wellbeing
- It is an exercise system that is adaptable for all body types and levels of fitness
- Pilates is suitable for all ages
- Through pilates you will improve your understanding of your body how to release tension and improve your co-ordination and body control